Thursday, April 19, 2007

STRANGE CONTRAST

Just yesterday I could not turn on anything, my TV, radio or,computer without seeing or hearing about the VT shooting...

...And today I'm seeing and hearing about nothing else but this Sanjaya character. Even on ESPN radio for crying out loud.



OK, I know that no one has really forgotten, it was just a strange contrast from one day to the next. Seeing everyone so engulfed by what happened at VT and then hearing about all the people who were fighting back tears when Sanjaya was voted off American Idol last night. Maybe it's a good thing that we don't let tragedy keep us from enjoying the things we normally do? Maybe we should be ashamed? Who knows?
There's enough tragedy everyday that if we paused for it all the time we would just be stuck on pause I suppose.

No comments: